Fan Upgrade and Germinating for Grow #3

Next!

· 1 min read
Fan Upgrade and Germinating for Grow #3

I was worried about the high temperatures so I put some thought into the tent's airflow, deciding in the end to upgrade the air outflow from 4" ducting to 6". After putting it all in place (photo above), it has made a significant difference to airflow and dropped the temperature by several degrees even with all the lights on. Success!

Humidity and temperature in the tent

With the lights upgraded and the tent holding at a reasonable temperature, it's finally time to start the next grow. I set some seeds to germinating in the same manner as before (between wet paper towel, within an opaque plastic case, atop my warm computer).

The new seeds with cultivar/strain and my temporary naming scheme scribbled down.

I decided this time around to grow two photoperiod plants of the same genetics, and one autoflowering plant. Peralta and Boyle will be my testbed for different approaches - specifically, I plan on flushing one of the plants before harvest while leaving the other without a flush, so I can test the difference. I remain skeptical of the need to flush before harvest so I'm looking to put that logic to the test.

Related Articles

Grow 3, Day 100(ish)
· 1 min read
Grow 3, Day 64
· 2 min read
Grow 3, day 42
· 2 min read
Grow 3, day 27
· 2 min read
Grow 3, day 14
· 1 min read
Grow 3, Day 11
· 2 min read