Seeds and Seedlings
I'll give the planted seeds a couple more days to reveal themselves before I start autoflower seeds, but this is ridiculous. At best, I might end up with 2/5 photoperiod seeds growing, likely only 1/5. Not a good ratio at all.
Santiago and Diaz are growing up so fast:
I've never grown this cultivar before, but Diaz seems a bit stunted at this stage. I'm hoping she picks up the growing pace a bit in the next day or two.
After much mathing and trying to figure out accurate estimates of PPFD (Photosynthetic Photon Flux Density) and DLI (Daily Light Integral) from my phone's Lux measurements, on a whim this morning I went looking for iPad apps to measure the same. Lo and behold, I found an app called Photone that also exists on Google Play, which will not only measure Lux (pre-calibrated to the iPad's sensor), but perform realtime approximated conversions to PPFD and DLI based on a selected light source type, each of which has an in-app purchase price.
Charging a price for what amounts to a single conversion factor is a bit of a suspect model, but I figured since the base app was free, I'll likely get a lot of use out of it, and I only need one light source type, it was worth it. The iPad's light sensor is certainly quicker and seemingly more accurate than my Android phone's sensor - I can repeat the same measurement using the iPad with very little difference in values.